Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox will only go to parent page and not subpages in a link?

• Please log in to reply

SallyMae

SallyMae

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I just recently started having this problem with firefox and netscape. I wasn't having this problem with either browser a couple of days ago and I'm not having the problem with ie8. This is the problem: When i do a google search for a particular website and the link comes up, the link comes up generically as ParentPage.com/subpage/subpage. I click the link and it only takes me to Parentpage.com, not Parentpage.com/subpage/subpage. Once Parentpage.com comes up, I can go to the url and add the \subpage\subpage links and it will take me there. But it will not take me there from the google search hit in either firefox or netscape. It will from ie8. I am only having this problem with one particular link. Why is this happening?

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I don't know about netscape but for Firefox you could try adding the link as a trusted site and see if that works.

Here's how to do it:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/754739