Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop C000021a c0000005 0x7c9106c3 0x0069f074

• Please log in to reply

RodHorsman

RodHorsman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an HP Compaq dc5800 computer that will not allow me to properly stay into Windows XP Pro (SP2).
Numerous times I have attempted to repair the Windows files, and came up with the same error. I then Tried a New OEM Windows XP Pro and repaired and replaced Windows, I entered in the OEM Software Product Key at the end of the repair and now when I boot it states that it is not a Genuine Windows License (or some such nonsense). Before I can even think of trying to activate it online ... It comes up with the Blue Screen mentioned above.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

Windows XP Pro (SP2).

Support for XP with SP2 finished in July 2010.
All updates since then have been writen for XP with SP3

I then Tried a New OEM Windows XP Pro

Was this XP installation and the product key for the HP Compaq, as the only key that likely work on that computer is the key from the XP that was on it
If for instance the NEW OEM XP pro was from another branded computer and the key from that was used it WILL not work on the Compaq

That is the first approach you should take

As regards the Blue Screen, does it still bluescreen if you try Safe Mode on F8