Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win7 Dual Monitors or Split Monitor

• Please log in to reply

johninnm

johninnm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK guys, I am a 64 year old computer challenged guy. Can I either open two browsers or different web pages on the same monitor or do I need two monitors. If I need two monitors, do I just add an additional graphics card to my computer and, if so, are there any other settings I need to change when I do that? Thanks for any assistance with this (probably simple) question. And, BTW, I did try to search for what I needed on this site but that just led to more confusion on my part!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello johninnm...

In Windows 7 there is a very simple solution. Open the two windows you wish to view, left click on the top border of one of them, and drag it to the left side of the monitor. Then drag the second window to the right side of the screen. When you are dragging the windows, when the mouse cursor touches the edge of the screen, the windows should "snap to" half screen size.

wannabe1

johninnm

johninnm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow...how easy is that! Thanks!!!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There's also a keyboard shortcut if you have a keyboard key with the Windows logo. Press the Windows key, plus the left or right arrow key to snap the active window to the left or right half of your screen,