Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hi quality Laptop/cellphone pry tools

• Please log in to reply

acenyc

acenyc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I purchased a laptop/cellphone pry tool set from Amazon for opening laptops and cell phones, and the first time I tried to use them, the plastic was so cheap, it just bent like it was made of rubber. Totally worthless!! Does anyone know where I can order a set of hi quality pry tools for laptop repair?

Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

If you try searching for spudger you might have more success. I bought these pry tools from Amazon. They work just fine. The problem with these tools is they only prevent scratches and dings if they are softer than the case you're working on. So they are intended to be short use items. I haven't tried these 3M spudgers as they are quite a bit more expensive, but I understand they are what Apple techs use. I wouldn't recommend the metal one, unless you want scratched and dented devices.

acenyc

acenyc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
These are the ones I purchased on Amazon.

Posted Image

They look like the pry tools in the 10 piece set. I tried the ones I had for the first time when I was opening a dell monitor case to fix the power button. I wound up using my metal jewelry tools to open it. I think I'm going to go with the black plastic ones. We'll see how they work.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
I'd be interested to hear how they work. :thumbsup: