Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-start after formating

• Please log in to reply

Scrogeta

Scrogeta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Just a bit of a small problem which I cant seem to figure out unfortunatly.
I recently sold my PC to my brother and I was running XP Professional.Ive just formated the PC and reinstalled XP Professional which went fine.After entering the users for the computer it takes me to the log in screen,
Now Ive put 2 users on the PC and to login to either of the accounts the computer is asking for a password for each user,even though I never put a password on either accounts.
Ive checked through the forums and noticed that people have suggested starting the computer in safe mode to check the user accounts-when have tried this the log on screen still appears asking for passwords.
Also someone suggested leaving the password screen blank,tried but no luck,have tried many different things,password,windows,etc. but none work.Have also tried my old password when the computer was mine and I had a password on my account,
Any ideas about this so that I can actually get chance to use the computer rather than looking at the start up screen constantly!

Any ideas will be greatly apreciated

Thanks in advance

Scrogeta

Advertisements