Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

routerlogin problem =(

• Please log in to reply

CaptainReaper

CaptainReaper

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello guys, i have a problem.. Cannot login to my router =(!!!!!!!
My standard gateway was 198.168.0.1 before.. now it changed.. Resetting my router doesn't work... Other method.... ?

Please help... =( Dont know what to do D=

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

If you successfully did a reset to the router configuration you should be able to login using the default user and pass but you must connect to the router by cable.

In some routers its possible to change the router IP address so its possible the router IP got changed after the reset.
Connect to the router using a Ethernet cable, wait until the PC recognize the connection, open the command prompt and use the command ipconfig /all locate the gateway IP and then try accessing the rooter using the web browser to open http://gateway_ip_address

If you need help on this steps please ask, in that case post the Windows you have (XP, Vista, 7).