Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't see Windows Vista computer on network

• Please log in to reply

sean.dbtrader

sean.dbtrader

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have a Windows Vista computer and a Windows 7 computer on my LAN. I am successfully connected to the network from both computers. My Windows Vista computer can see my Windows 7 computer in the list of computers on the network, but my Windows 7 computer does not see my Windows Vista computer.

Previously I did not have a problem connecting from the Win7 computer to the Vista computer but I had a malware infection. The infection is now resolved but this network issue popped up. I have Windows Firewall running and Avast anti-virus on both computers.

What should I check to resolve the problem?

Thank you.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On this topic,
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

where my colleague WhiteHat was helping you, he posted on 21 August 2012 - this

I need to check if TDSSKiller replaced the infected services.exe by a clean copy before I do something else
Please, check if ComboFix created the report in C:\ComboFix.txt
NEXT
Run TDSSKiller again and post the log

you replied that you could not run ComboFix and then WhiteHat, asked if you would

Ok, run TDSSKiller again and post the log.

You never responded to that.

I think I am correct in saying, that the topic in the Malware Forum where WhiteHat was helping you, was on the computer running Windows7

as your other topic in Malware here
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

where RKinner was helping, and which concluded on 21 August, was a problem with the computer running Vista.
On that topic, my colleague RKinner declared the system clean.

It seems to me that the best advice is to continue again with your topic in the Malware forum on the Windows 7 computer - the one where you left it when you were asked for the TDSS Killer log.

My reasoning behind that suggestion is, that until that computer is declared clean, proceeding here is possibly not the best idea.

That is why it is always best to follow the topic to a conclusion.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 28 September 2012 - 12:17 PM.

sean.dbtrader

sean.dbtrader

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I believe the computer is clean but I will follow up with WhiteHat on my previous topic and check if that is the case.

Thank you.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You can of course always come back to this topic, as we do not close topics on Geeks to Go, they just naturally expire over time.

In fact the Malware expert may well suggest that, when he has given you a clean bill of health, if the problem remains.

Would you be kind enough to update this topic, with a final post, if it is solved

Good Luck with it