Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i think i may have a virus /comp redirected to amazon [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes use Paragon as it will take a full disc image, then restoring is just a click away

An addition that is worth considering would be Malwarebytes free, this will cover the grey areas that the antivirus does not see
As you have windows 7 then the firewall within windows is quite good

Advertisements

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
ok thx essex i will see how we do for a couple days and reply back if any questions
Thank You

ps "To Anyone Recieving Help Here" !!!If you REcieve HElp here by these techs at geeks ?? Pleae make a donation to your tech if you can THey have to eat just like we do :) :) ANd They volenteer to help us !! Lets Help Them :) :) ;0

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
hey essex ?
do you like i e 9 ? it computer updated to it in a bunch of updates and it looks really nice on my monitor ? are there any downsides to 9 to speak of ? security as good as 8 or better ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
IE9 is my browser of choice, to my mind it is more secure than either Chrome or Firefox, especially on a windows 7 system

Right click on the top bar and in the menu ensure command bar is selected. That will give you instant access to all the good stuff at your fingertips
[attachment=61298:Untitled.png]

Click on safety and there is just about all you will need
[attachment=61299:Untitled1.png]

snowysdad43

snowysdad43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
sweet thx

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.