Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RunDLL, also have trouble seeing pages,and a few other things. [Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ravyn3189

ravyn3189

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well there are alot of them but I'll just give cliff notes. Facebook I go to facebook.com and when I get there all I can see is the top where it shows home,login,profile and the rest of the page is blank I have tried several different ways to get on there and have been unsuccessful. My online banking page I can't do squat on it its like its frozen yet I can type in the address bar still. youtube I can search on there but when I find a video to watch all of the text is there yet where the video should be is a black blank box. And when I look up pictures on any type of search engine I can't get to any of them. There are a lot of other examples but its all about the same almost any page I go to all I can see is the text and sometimes not even that ex.facebook. When I go to my email I can't check it because it says to enable javascript yet when I checked it it was enabled.

Advertisements

ravyn3189

ravyn3189

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am sorry I am doing this backwards but I just tried to install the latest thing that you asked me to and I have tried all of the links that say installer and so far I havent downloaded a thing.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Can you download it from this link ?

https://dl.dropbox.c...r_aio_setup.exe

ravyn3189

ravyn3189

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
sorry I have not commented. yes I was able to download from that link thank you. it is asking me to back up, do I do this and if so do I need to insert a usb or something of the sort?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No, no requirement for that as we are not doing anything drastic

ravyn3189

ravyn3189

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok it wont let me do anything unless I do back up everything. also any idea what is stopping me from veiwing these other pages? I wouldn;t keep asking but I have to do all of my banking online and this is just begining to give me overwhelming problems. And I also would like to thank you very much for the help you have supplied so far!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets throw the big boy at it and see if there is a mystery driver or service

Download and Install Combofix

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.