Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

[Mic problems] Headset.

• Please log in to reply

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Uhm.. what I did was put the sound card in and download driver updates from what the computer suggested.
Then I went ahead and checked for driver updates and it says everything is up-to-date.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you give me the model of the soundcard and I will do some research on it and see if there is a known issue with the microphones.

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
PCI0138 Creative I believe..
I could be wrong though.. I had help with putting the sound card in and getting information of it.
From what they said; it's a PCI0138 Creative.. I have no clue, I'm not good with computers. Sorry if that doesn't help.

But when I go to control panel > sound
It shows it as Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Actually I am finding topics on that version soundcard clear back to 2005, :whistling:
That bothers me as Win7 didn't come out till Oct of 2009.
How long have you had the SC and has the mic ever worked with it?
Just in case what kind of budget are you willing to spend for a good card with win7 drivers?

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh wow; that's bad. I got this sound card from my Mother... so I guess that makes sense though.
I just got the sound card recently because the old one broke (the pink part of it came off; which was the mic)
As for how much I'm willing to spend... probably anything. It might just take me a little while to get the money though.
I've heard you can get around $60-$80 cheap sound cards. Hm.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can get cards alot cheaper but it really depends on what the use is.
NewEgg has lots of cards like these HERE for less then $50
Just to give you a ideal of some but of you have a particular store you shop at i can check their site if they have one and see what they have available.

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I've never really had to go out to buy computer parts and what-not.
But the basic shopping places I go to would be like... Walmart.
But hey; thank you so much for the help and I'll definitely check the website out for a new sound card.
Just one question; how do I know the sound card will fit / work in the computer that I have.. (Windows XP)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just make sure it has drivers for XP.
The other thing is most cards are either PCI, PCI express1 or PCI Express 16
Those are the only connection types.
If you can get me a picture of the inside of your system I can tell you but I suspect it is PCI.

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Oh, alright. [: Thank you for letting me know and here's the inside of my system.
I'm sorry if you can't see what you need to see... my phone camera is [bleep] and the lighting in my room sucks.

Edited by Buhni, 30 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that didn't help but from the info on the card I suspect it is PCI :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Buhni

Buhni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
LOL. Sorry.
Thanks for the help though. :P LOL.