Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OTLPENet CD wont start twice ...

• Please log in to reply

jdduquesne

jdduquesne

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

My XP SP3 laptop does not start (c_850.nls missong or corrupted).

On another laptop, I have loaded OTLPENet.exe and burnt it on a CD as suggested on forums.
I restarted my corrupted PC form the CD and the start up sequence went alright with the loading of the desk. I had been therefore able to see my laptop HD's, install my MS mouse, even my USB key... I tried to connect my external drive but it could not be accessed.

But all that was a single shot !!!!
I had to restart and now the sequence stop on a grey screen ... no desk, even no pointer, no nothing !!

Anayone can help ???
Thanks in advance ...

Advertisements

jdduquesne

jdduquesne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Shut down, disconnect battery and power supply, wait until its cools down and strat all over again ... It is working again

jdduquesne

jdduquesne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Instead I found another problem : when using Explorer on tne CD to copy files from my D: internal HD to my E: external USB key, I have an I/O error on the D: and C: and D: are disappearing from the explorer window ???
Anyone knows why ??