Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPN recommendation

• Please log in to reply

Calla

Calla

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

I am moving to the Middle East to work and need a VPN so I can use all of the internet. Which VPN would you recommend and why?

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hello Calla,

If you're planning on just accessing the Internet, there's no need for VPN. I'm sure there's an Internet Service Provider there.

If you mean that you want to access your private home network from the middle east, then I would recommend Hamachi.
It puts your middle eastern computer in the same virtual network as your home PC.
This is the one I recommend because it's the only one I've used! :happy:

Calla

Calla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sera,

In the Middle East, you need a VPN to access most sites Americans take for granted...like Facebook, Gmail, and Skyping. Yes, there are internet service providers....that are all blocked by the government.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Oh... OK. I understand now what you mean.

Well, in that case, I don't think Hamachi will help you there. :(

alex3804

alex3804

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use encrypted SSH tunnel to hide and change my real location and online activity, I can access any blocked website or web service, and my real IP is not shown indeed. and I'm pleased with their customer support, very fast and responsible. It's free to try 1 week.

XeonFlare

XeonFlare

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
IF you aren't doing anything illegal, this company keeps logs and will provide them upon request, then you could always use the site Hidemyass.com. They are fast, offer a variety of server options, and the configuration is fairly easy. If privacy and not logging is a big issue for you, then I would recommend something provided in this list:

http://torrentfreak....riously-111007/

Not saying you're doing anything you aren't supposed to, but some people take privacy seriously.

Saverio

Saverio

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

I am moving to the Middle East to work and need a VPN so I can use all of the internet. Which VPN would you recommend and why?

I have used this VPN - http://vpn-account.c...sitesinuae.html in my trip to UAE, KSA and Oman.
Worked great!
I recommend to chose their Europaen server. It is faster because it is closest to these countries.