Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

ref1991

ref1991

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. So for the past few weeks I have been receiving multiple types of bsod, particularly memory management and bad pool header. I mostly get them while playing games. At first I thought it was because my hard drive was failing so I bought a new one and reinstalled windows but I still end up getting the bsod. I've seen similar instructions on other threads about uploading certain things so I'll follow those. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
How much memory do you have? Have you tried removing half of it then running for awhile and see if the problem occurs. If yes, swap memory and try again. You've already eliminated the hard drive so memory is a good bet as the source of the BSODs.

You could also try testing the memory.

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

Boot the CD and run for at least 3 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run is even better.

ref1991

ref1991

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have 12,000mb of ram. I have tried mixing/trying different combinations and trying them individually but no luck in fixing the problem. I have also tried memtest86 but I'll try it again just to be sure. I'll post up the results ina bit.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The first dump indicates chrome.exe was the cause (Google Chrome browser).
The 2nd is csrss.exe which is a Windows program so not much help there.

You're list of installed programs does not show Google Chrome though. Is it installed? If so uninstall it and use a different browser, see what happens.

ref1991

ref1991

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok so I ran memtest86 and it seems like one of the rams was having errors. I have removed it since last night and haven't had any problems so far. So yeah, I guess I'll post back if any problems occur again. Thanks again for all the help 8D