Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't boot past POST screen

• Please log in to reply

jakeutsa

jakeutsa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello to all who may read this and thank you in advance for any advice!!!

I have an ASUS N53SV laptop that runs Windows 7 64bit edition.

I clicked on a link earlier today while on yahoo webpage that resulted in my computer just shutting down and restarting. When it automatically restarted my computer would produce the ASUS logo screen then go straight to a black screen with a flickering cursor in the top left corner. It has become stuck on that screen since, every time I restart it POSTs then stops on that screen and hard drive indicator stops flashing. I attempted to enter the recovery partition since my laptop did not come with the physical CDs and that also has been rendered useless because I can't even get to it. I continuously press the key designated to enter recovery and it does nothing. I also checked the BIOS to see if anything seemed out of the ordinary and there is no longer a boot option for the CD/DVD drive or removable disk.

Any advice that starts me in the right direction would be magnificent!

Advertisements