Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building Budget PC

• Please log in to reply

Sikorsky14

Sikorsky14

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, I have built a gaming PC before but that's getting hogged by all my siblings so I've decided to build a budget PC for my room. Anyway just wondering if this build will be decent enough to run most games on at least lowest settings, also wondering if the parts will work together. Thanks.

Parts:
Cpu: AMD Athlon || x2 dual core 260
Gpu: Gigabyte Radeon 7750 2GB OC
Ram: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-10600/1333 (2x XMS3 2GB) CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 Ram
Psu: Thermaltake Litepower 500W
Hdd: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

Advertisements

Zolton33

Zolton33

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
If you are planning to go amd i would get the a10-5800k (about $130) it has a hd radeon 7660d built into the cpu (so no need for a discrete gpu). Plus if you get a decent motherboard you can crossfire utilizing the cpu igp for a better boost as well as you can overclock it later to squeeze a bit more life out of it. Plus it utilizes the new fm2 socket so some future upgrades will be more readily available. Also it seems to jump in performance when using higher faster ram. So you could also hit high and medium setting in most games. If you need to get an os getting windows 7 64 (about $91 on amazon right now) you can up your ram to 8 gigs of ddr3 for about $40 bucks (i love how cheap ddr3 ram is). But that be my advise over the athlon 2 which the fm2 socket has 2-3 new athlon x4 cpus. Plus the 5800k is a quad which will do you good in gaming for a few years as no games fully utilize a quad cpu at the moment. So it is a bit more better for future proofing.

Sikorsky14

Sikorsky14

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright i have swapped things out for other parts.

CPU: AMD A6-5400K Trinity - FM2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A75-D3H - FM2
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (I'm cheaping out on the HDD as i dont need much space and to save money)
Ram: G.Skill DDR3 4GB (2x2GB) PC-12800/1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (not sure on ram yet as gigabyte hasnt put the ram support manual for the motherboard up on their site yet)
Power Supply: ThermalTake LitePower 600W
Gpu: Gigabyte Radeon HD7750 2GB OC

cheers.