Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hiren's Cd fix for lsass exe

• Please log in to reply

ilnipote

ilnipote

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I read the posts Link to post and am trying the whole day already to run the programm but at the point where I have to enter _restor~1
I can't go on. if i hit "dir" I can see that this folder or file doesn't exist in the system~1 folder but there is another system~1 folder which confuses me. I am quite desparate now. Is there another way or an other spelling?

I appreciate any answer and help.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
ilnipote

Welcome to Geeks to Go

I have replied to you, as I see you have been waiting for a couple of days.

My strong advice is DO NOT try and use Hirens

Firstly it contains some unlicensed software and its use therefore is not something Geeks to Go supports

and secondly that lsass.exe is

Local Security Authority Subsystem Service

and is part of the Windows file system that manages log on and authentification service.

My advice, although you have already waited, is to wait a little longer and then post here
http://www.geekstogo...e-waiting-room/

Good luck with it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are trying to restore your system back to a previous date do you have your XP cd?

ilnipote

ilnipote

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you! I booted linux from a dvd and could save my important files. now I'll format all and reinstall the system!

problem solved =)