Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP g62 laptop goes completely dead intermittantly

Best Answer phillpower2 , 06 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hello geno368 Try removing the battery, AC power supply connection and the Ram, blow out the Ram slots, hold down the power on button for around 30 seconds as this will dispel any static charge th... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

geno368

geno368

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I have an HP G62-340 US laptop running Win 7 premium 64bit with 3gb ram-dual core. Every once in a while the laptop won't power up at all. I have to remove the power supply and battery and hold down the power button for 40 seconds to clear whatever it is. The it powers up again. What is causing this? I have scanned for any infections and it shows clean and the power adapted tests good.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer
Hello geno368

Try removing the battery, AC power supply connection and the Ram, blow out the Ram slots, hold down the power on button for around 30 seconds as this will dispel any static charge that may have built up in the notebook, see page 55 of the user manual for guidance http://h10032.www1.h...l/c02641795.pdf

Reassemble the notebook and see how it goes.

Just a cautionary note, if you do use canned compressed air do not upend the can as it is possible for fluid to be emitted.

Post back with the outcome when you have done the above or if you have any questions, good luck.

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Thanks for your reply...I didn't think about the ram re-seat...I will all that and just have to wait until it does it again. This is the first time it's done it since last month..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Hopefully the issue will not happen again but do let us know how things work out.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup: