Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo
! Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out
It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just in case you are unable to access this site.Please note:
- Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply.
- Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
- Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
- Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
- Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available
- When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!
Please post (copy/paste) all logs in this thread.
Please follow the steps bellow:Step 1
How to add an attachment to a new topic or replyStep 2 OTL Custom Scan
- Please download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
- When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
Note: If avast! antivirus is already installed, just do the next step.
- Click the Scan button to start scan.
- On completion of the scan click Save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.
- Also on Desktop there should be a file called MBR.dat after that. Please attach it here.