Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

freezing, 3 beeps repeating, no signal to monitor(sometimes)

• Please log in to reply

jondude1997

jondude1997

• Pip
  • 5 posts
when i start it up my computer sometimes freezes when in use, makes 3 beeps repeatingly, or has no signal to monitor. i also just got a disk drive fail notice. I am getting a blue screen because of driver failure? my computer is a : hp a6200n i need this computer to work should i replace parts or junk for a new computer? or how can i fix this?

please help, i can provide more info if needed

thank you!

Edited by jondude1997, 08 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Advertisements

jondude1997

jondude1997

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
its actually 1 short and one long beep right after each other repeatedly

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
:welcome: jondude1997

Please confirm if it is your model of computer at the link http://h20000.www2.h...rodTypeId=12454

jondude1997

jondude1997

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yep that is the one

jondude1997

jondude1997

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have an extra hard drive, and graphics card

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Thanks for confirming the computer was the correct one :thumbsup:

i have an extra hard drive, and graphics card

If this means that you have two HDDs and an add on video card fitted it may explain your problem if you have not also upgraded the stock 250W PSU (power supply unit).

Can you provide the details of both the PSU and add on video card, brand and model name or number of both please.

NB: Can I ask you to use the edit tab, bottom right corner of the page if you have additional information to add before you have received a reply to your last post, this will avoid filling up peoples mailbox, thanks.

jondude1997

jondude1997

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i meant i bought an extra one that i can install if you want me to test, i recently tested the ram by taking out one stick and turn it on and that seems to have been a bad ram card so i have went and bought a new ram card and it seems to work fine, i will be getting the new power supply to install the graphics card next week most likely so i don't try my mother board ( 250 peak) card required 300) so it is all working now thank you :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:

Let us know when the new PSU is fitted and you are up and running or if you have any questions.