Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS flash/update fix removed boot option?

• Please log in to reply

jakeutsa

jakeutsa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello to all who may view this!

I have an ASUS N53SV laptop using Windows 7 64bit ed.

Laptop gets stuck right after POST screen on blank black screen with flickering cursor and I want to either buy recovery disks or OEM installation since recovery partition does not work. But long story short, the boot option for my cd/dvd rom in the BIOS was somehow removed/deleted and no longer exists. I cannot boot from a cd or dvd anymore and there is no option in the BIOS to even attempt to. Is there any possible way to revert this or override it with a new BIOS update or something like that? I tried using the restore default settings to no avail. Is it possible to like download a BIOS update from the laptop manufacturer and install it on a USB drive and then boot from the USB and then install/overwrite the existing BIOS or something similar with a fix?

Thank you in advance for any advice!!

Advertisements