I am looking to build my first desktop. I would either buy all parts and get somebody to build it, or be willing to try myself.
I don't really have a budget set in stone at the moment, but I would work around 700 .I am living in Dublin, Ireland so take that into consideration if linking shops.
I don't know much about a lot of the parts or what is best performance/price wise. I have looked through a few websites like cpubenchmarks etc.
I am primarily looking for a gaming pc. I play WoW and would like to play new games on high-ish settings. Games I am interested in would be BF3, Skyrim, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 etc... if you catch my drift!
I have started a computing course this year so may do programming/web design also.
After some browsing this is what I have come up with so far: (with performance/price being the main factor)
- Case - ?? (Would like the possibility to upgrade Processor/Video card in the future!)
- Power Supply - ??
- Motherboard - ??
- Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 955
- Heatsink/Fans - ?? (I will be using the pc a lot, 6hr+ sessions.)
- Memory - I was thinking 2x4GB.
- Hard Drive - Was thinking a small internal SSD. (60-120gig depending on price. And a larger internal HDD at a later time if good value.)
- DVD or Blu-ray Drive - ?? (Any standard one would be okay. I dont plan on making cd's and have a bluray dvd played already.)
- Video Card - Radeon HD 6850
- Sound Card - ?? (Will probably use headphones and pickup speakers if I see a good deal in the future!)
- Network Card - ?? (Currently with UPC - 100Mbps D/L)
(If I forgot anything please let me know)
I can pick up KB + mouse locally (unless you recommend a good deal online!)
I don't "need" a screen, have a 1360x768 LG TV (uses HDMI adapter), but will probably get one at a later time, and would like to dual monitor! (Single/Dual 1920x1080??)
I should be able to get my hands on a copy of W7. (Opinions on W8?)
(Basically I am hoping to get the essential parts with this order. Leaving any unnecessary parts for another bill!)
Thanks for reading!