Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minecraft servers aren't appearing.

• Please log in to reply

MNISather

MNISather

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi,
This is a minecraft problem but not an obvious port forwarding one like the rest. I've had minecraft for years now but this has just started appearing. The servers that I normally would play on either show up as "Cannot resolve hostname." or they have over 1000 ping. I used to be able to connect to each one with barely any ping. The server that I run off of my computer will not show up to others even though it used to. I just had my computer cleaned of malware and viruses with the help of a geek in the forums, but this problem was occurring beforehand also. I don't know what the issue is and I was wondering if anyone can help? Thanks.

Edited by MNISather, 09 October 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Advertisements

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Hey,

Have you by any chance tried to re-install Minecraft. Basically goto your AppData folder and delete the .minecraft folder and then redownload the installer. If you do this make sure you write down your server info that you play on because it won't save. I am not sure if this will help any but it's worth a shot. Also make sure your Java is up to date.

MNISather

MNISather

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yes ive reinstalled it several times and i have the latest java

marin1805

marin1805

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The issue is the local IP. You are using localhost witch resolves as 127.0.0.1.

The possible solution for your issue is your actual local IP that connects your PC to your router. To get that check your network configuration or simply type in command prompt: IPCONFIG (it's in Start-> "CMD") then take the local up 192.168.X.X and use that.