Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a mystery about Windows XT and iPad Mate for PC

• Please log in to reply

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have this Sharp 2002 Windows XP, 1.6 GB ram, 1.2Ghrz AMD Sempron processor. I need to show segments of a movie (GWTW, by the way), so I decided to buy ITOO iPad Mate for the PC. I downloaded it onto this machine and tried to transfer 1/5 of the movie to my iPad. It took 1 hour to process about 15 min. of the video, and then the computer, hot and with a black monitor would just, suddenly, turn off...as if to say the chipmunks just quit... I was watching the little lite flicker from the DVD drive to the CPU, and it was about 1 blink on the DVD drive in 4-6 seconds, I think. The area under the processor felt hot, very hot, after I had tried this process 3 times!

So, I am trying to convince you it is the processor chip's problem, but actually I don't know beans about the workings under the keyboard. "I want to learn, but not now." I bet you've heard this line before. Well, anyway I went and bought a $15 dollar (¥2000 ) because I ... darn keyboard erased the rest of this, but you have heard enough. Oh by the way, I sent this same question to ITOO.com in case they decide to answer, I'll let you know.
Regards from Japan

Advertisements

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I have this Sharp 2002 Windows XP, 1.6 GB ram, 1.2Ghrz AMD Sempron processor. I need to show segments of a movie (GWTW, by the way), so I decided to buy ITOO iPad Mate for the PC. I downloaded it onto this machine and tried to transfer 1/5 of the movie to my iPad. It took 1 hour to process about 15 min. of the video, and then the computer, hot and with a black monitor would just, suddenly, turn off...as if to say the chipmunks just quit... I was watching the little lite flicker from the DVD drive to the CPU, and it was about 1 blink on the DVD drive in 4-6 seconds, I think. The area under the processor felt hot, very hot, after I had tried this process 3 times!

So, I am trying to convince you it is the processor chip's problem, but actually I don't know beans about the workings under the keyboard. "I want to learn, but not now." I bet you've heard this line before. Well, anyway I went and bought a $15 dollar (¥2000 ) because I ... darn keyboard erased the rest of this, but you have heard enough. Oh by the way, I sent this same question to ITOO.com in case they decide to answer, I'll let you know.
Regards from Japan

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I defragged for the first time in several years? Is this an issue? What else should I have done/ can do?