Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software? or Hardware? mystery

• Please log in to reply

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok, this has been bugging me for as long as I have had this 2002 Windows XP Sharp Corp. computer. And "bugging" is a really kind understatement. Its about this keyboard. As I am typing along, the cursor will often jump back to where the floating cursor is resting, unless I remember to keep it ahead of what I am typing. Sometimes right before my eyes it will block and erase the whole line or lines between where I am now and the floating cursor (operated by touch pad). And sometimes if I am typing really hard and fast it will erase everything in an internet email I am typing... I have assumed that there is nothing I can do about it.

But I am very famous in this family of 4 women for making wrong assumptions.
Any idea?
Regards from Japan.

Advertisements

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Dear KomaGawa,

Touchpads are sensitive. A slight brush from your hand or sleeve of your shirt can make it jump. Some touchpad companies released updated drivers to help deal with the sensitivity. Try going to your computers manufactured website and download the most current driver for your touchpad. If you have trouble with finding it, reply with the laptop manufacture name and model number.

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Dear KomaGawa,

Touchpads are sensitive. A slight brush from your hand or sleeve of your shirt can make it jump. Some touchpad companies released updated drivers to help deal with the sensitivity. Try going to your computers manufactured website and download the most current driver for your touchpad. If you have trouble with finding it, reply with the laptop manufacture name and model number.

Anything anybody says, I apprecite and I learn from it. I am sorry not to reply sooner, I am dealing with another issue of preparing to teach a movie class, so I bought all the necessary and some unnecessar y cables, hardware and software...to increase the number of opportunities to learn about the curresnt products related to this adventure...I have alot more questions to ask these forums.

to get to your point,
I checked SHARP web site in regard to updating my DVD/CD driver(s)? and the company no longer supports my model or sells PCs . I sent them an email and have not heard from them.
Thomas

KomaGawa

KomaGawa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
As I posted on the Software XP forum I am debating whether to leave Windows or not. So far the consensus of 2 posters is to stay and upgrade. I realize I have to keep going with this machine at least until next year. I wonder why Windows 7 is so great. I don't have any security problems, no installed firewall, only software protection which has kept me almost free of any problems....