Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

McAfee AntiVirus Version 9.0 Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

Ken Kirchner

Ken Kirchner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After removing Norton System Works 2004, I purchased and installed McAfee Antivirus Version 9.0. After reboot the system now loads, shows the McAfee Splash screen and the installed components, Just after displaying Spam Kill I get a blue screen saying Windows has shutdown and there is a problem with file NAIFILTR.SYS. I suspect a driver sequencing problem but any help or hints of how to fix would be most welcome.

Advertisements

cptkoi

cptkoi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I am having a similar problem - uninstalled Norton 2005 and tried to install mcafee - i dont get any errors but the task bar disappears and all desktop icons too.

Uninstall mcafee and all is ok again.

I have run the unistall/cleanup tools and I am still stuck!

I am sure there must be something that Norton leaves behind that stops mcafee from running properly, but I havent found it yet.

LeeD

LeeD

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've never had Norton, but I get the same error.

For me, the computer reboots by itself during the boot process (old windows screen, black background, scolling bar on bottom). Then I get some error saying could boot, do you want to boot in safe mode.

This has happened to me now on 2 occations. Doesn't happen every boot, but it's about once in 4 boots...