Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Double-underlined links, and sloooooowness [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sue dinym

sue dinym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
SO AWESOME

thanks a ton for all the help. i do have some questions for ye still:

* the icons for hijack this!, adwcleaner and securitycheck are still on my desktop -- should i remove those programs as well?

* i currently have trend micro pc-cillin for my firewall (haha of course you already know this). my understanding in using MBAM is that i should run it once a week, or so, yes? and if i upgrade to the pro in order to get realtime protection, will i be able to run MBAM concurrently with trend micro's firewall, or will they fight with each other?

* winpatrol i'm unfamiliar with. is that something that would run in the background all the time?

thanks so much for including the articles as well, i will give 'em a read.

lemme know your thoughts on these last couple things and then i think i'm outta your hair. :-)

Edited by sue dinym, 18 October 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Advertisements

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

* the icons for hijack this!, adwcleaner and securitycheck are still on my desktop -- should i remove those programs as well? - they just need to be deleted

my understanding in using MBAM is that i should run it once a week, or so, yes? - yes that is correct

and if i upgrade to the pro in order to get realtime protection, will i be able to run MBAM concurrently with trend micro's firewall, - yes they can as they do different jobs

sue dinym

sue dinym

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
awesome all around, and thanks again for your work.

go geeks!

:thumbsup:

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
you are more than welcome

gringo

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.