Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

plugin cables

• Please log in to reply

oldmum

oldmum

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm an older lady who has always been confident with computers so I decided that I would do an upgrade myself as money is short. I purchased a ASRock Z77 Pro4-M motherboard, 2 gskill 8gb ram, Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz, NVIDIA Quadro 600 Graphics. I have installed everything bit am having problems with a couple of cables I'm not sure where to plug. They are Vcc UBS1-,USB1+ GND and Vcc UBS1-,USB1+ GND Shielded I have no idea where to put them or even if I need to put them some where. Please help
Thank you

Oldmum

Edited by oldmum, 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

Zolton33

Zolton33

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
A silly question i know but do you still have your case manual as well as the mobo manual? If so those should be able to tell you. I'm not 100% sure but those sound like the usb hook ups for your case. If i am wrong i am sorry. But if they are your mobo manual should be able to tell you where to connect them. Letting us know your case make and brand name would help out so that we have all the information.

Generally when connecting a mobo up you have 2 main power cables that go to your mobo. Then the rest of the power and wire hook ups go to yourcomponents (case wire hook ups hdd optical drive and case fans) http://www.geekstogo...r-own-computer/ i would check that out it is a good quick read with pics and step by step moves to putting it together. I find that if i am stumped when hooking them up to go back to the basics and baby step it up until i figure it out. Hope this helps some until some one a bit more knowledgeable comes along (hopefully soon........... :lol: )

oldmum

oldmum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you.
No I don't have the case manual, I'm ashamed to say the case is from 2006 but there is nothing wrong with it. It's only me not paying enough attention when I unplugged the old motherboard. Thanks again for your help I think they are the connections for the front usb connections. I'll try it and if it's wrong they won't work.

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Correct.... those are the USB connectors for (probably) your front panel USB ports. They will plug into the motherboard and (hopefully) Asrock has labeled them on the board.I will insert an image, I hope it works on this board.
[EDIT}: ok, it didn't. Go HEREand click on the picture of the mainboard. Zoom in and the ports are at the bottom of the picture about the center. You can read the USB1 label on them. Sorry, I have to learn how to insert an image on this forum board.

Edited by ranchhand3, 11 October 2012 - 05:53 AM.

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Oldmum.... here is your motherboard manual in pdf; I suggest printing it out for future reference.
http://www.asrock.co...odel=Z77 Pro4-M