Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my toshiba laptop logs on but then a blue screen

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
i have a toshiba laptop running windows 7....today i went to turn on my laptop and it wouldnt fire up, i got as far as the login, then a bluescreen and it just sits on that screen...i havent had any problems with my laptop, its a year old and been running fine...the last thing i did on my computer was watch a movie, everything working fine, i shut it down when movie finished and it was left off till the following day and that is when this problem occured, i tried the safe mode thingy but it did the same thing, i ran the pc diagnostic thing at start up and no problems found, please can anyone help

shaz

Advertisements

Tehyoda

Tehyoda

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Turn on your laptop and when it blue screens write down the codes next to *** STOP:

Posted Image

Also write down any files that are listed where gv3.sys is.

Post a reply with those codes and any files that are listed.