FBI Moneypak - Unable to F8 - Unable to safemode [Solved]
Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:25 AM
My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
First thing first... You provided very little information to begin with.
Can you try to disconnect your internet cable from your thinkpad and start windows normally. If you use wireless connection them disable it by pressing WLAN button on you case. Something like this:
Can you run any application now?
Do you have any other, clean, PC and USB memory that we can use to download tools and use them on your infected system.
Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:35 PM
Used USB with Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. FBI Moneypak no longer shows. Laptop seems to work normally today.
Before that, I tried Windows Defender, but FBI Moneypak remained.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:02 AM
Thank you for letting me know
If you don't need any help I'll close this topic then.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users