Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD in windows XP

• Please log in to reply

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I don't know about that driver where would I look to see if that specific one is installed? I know it was installed via driver max that for sure.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Oh, Driver Max I reckon might make a mistake every so often.

Go ahead and download that Intel 4/5 Series VGA Drivers XP driver from that site.

Then please go ahead and uninstall AVG. Just don't need it in the way right now. Be sure to have it remove all it's search hijacker "Search Protection" garbage as you uninstall it, and go ahead and reboot.

Then run that Intel 4/5 Series VGA Drivers download, and let it update the graphics drivers. Reboot, and check for effect please.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Oh, Driver Max I reckon might make a mistake every so often.

Go ahead and download that Intel 4/5 Series VGA Drivers XP driver from that site.

Then please go ahead and uninstall AVG. Just don't need it in the way right now. Be sure to have it remove all it's search hijacker "Search Protection" garbage as you uninstall it, and go ahead and reboot.

Then run that Intel 4/5 Series VGA Drivers download, and let it update the graphics drivers. Reboot, and check for effect please.

Ah I says xp 64 bit I don't have xp 64 bit.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Never read it wrong quickly
Downloading and such now
"Be sure to have it remove all it's search hijacker "Search Protection" garbage as you uninstall it, and go ahead and reboot."

How do I do that exactly?

Edited by cmislin, 03 November 2012 - 07:08 PM.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
I run that and says I don't meet the minimum requirement to installing the software(nm I guess I didn't have it selected properly)

Edited by cmislin, 03 November 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
You did the change of OS in the drop down box?

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Double and triple checked same error as previous post. Even extracted it out of the zip to make sure it wasn't meant to be ran without being extracted.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
AVG uninstalled
"Be sure to have it remove all it's search hijacker "Search Protection" garbage as you uninstall it, and go ahead and reboot."

How do I do that exactly?

After rebooting redownloaded that driver for windows xp 32 bit and still same error

Edited by cmislin, 03 November 2012 - 07:30 PM.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
This one? The dump logs show 64 bit. This is XP Pro?

If you uninstall AVG, just watch for the bit that tries to get you to keep it's other stuff.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

This one? The dump logs show 64 bit. This is XP Pro?

If you uninstall AVG, just watch for the bit that tries to get you to keep it's other stuff.

XP pro yes nowhere on my disc or so forth says its 64 bit version. The AVG I made sure to make it take everything off when I uninstalled.

Edited by cmislin, 03 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you use the AVG uninstaller tool?

AVG Remover
eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Did you use the AVG uninstaller tool?

AVG Remover
eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.

That link didn't work for the download

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry about that there was a problem with the link.

AVG Removal Tool

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Sorry about that there was a problem with the link.

AVG Removal Tool

Ok got it now and going to run it post back when done.

cmislin

cmislin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Ok that was quick I ran it twice to be sure here is log

Attached Files