The computer was off and connected to a surge protector strip. When the power came back on (computer still off), suddenly it started to spark and smoke which I'm guessing was from the computer power supply unit, but I am not sure as I've never experienced this. The spark, loud bangs and smoke happened at two incidents one after another.
At this point what are my options?
Should I try to turn on the computer or would that potentially damage it further?
Is there much hope of getting the computer fixed or replaced through the surge protection strip insurance policy? No other devices connected through it were damaged only the computer (not sure about the monitor yet).
Thank you for your help in advance.