Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blue screen of death very bad issue nned help asap [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
The CD needs to be in the drive before you reboot, then when you get the prompt to run from CD press any key

Advertisements

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i did that and still nothing

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
If I am unable to get into the system there is very little I can do from here, do you have a USB drive ?

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i got a usb stick and spare usb port,sorry i dont mean to be unhelpfull it is a pain it really is

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Not a problem, we will use all the tools in my armoury to see if we can beat this

IMPORTANT:
You will need a flash drive with a size of 512 Mb or bigger. Make sure that you do not leave anything important on the flash drive, as all data on it will be deleted during the following steps.

• Download OTLPEStd.exe from the following link and save it to your Desktop: mirror1.
    • Download eeepcfr.zip from the following link and save it to your Desktop: the mirror
    • Finally, if you do not have a file archiver like 7-zip or Winrar installed, please download 7-zip from the following link and install it: the mirror
  • Once you have 7-zip install, decompress OTLPEStd.exe by rightclicking on the folder and choosing the options shown in the picture below. Please use a dedicated folder, for example OTLPE, on your Desktop

Posted Image

• Open the folder OTLPEStd which will be created in the same location as OTLPEStd.exe and right-click OTLPE_New_Std.iso. Select 7-Zip and from the submenu select Extract files... and extract the content onto your Desktop in a OTLPE folder:

Posted Image

• Please also decompress eeepcfr to your systemroot (usually C:\).
  • Empty the flash drive you want to install OTLPE on.
  • Go to C:\eeecpfr and double-click usb_prep8.cmd to launch it.
  • Press any key when asked to in the black window that opens.
  • As indicated in the image, make sure you have selected the correct flash drive, before proceeding.
    For Drive Label: type in OTLPE.
    Under Source Path to built BartPE/WinPE Files click ... and select the folder OTLPE that you created on your Desktop.
    Finally check Enable File Copy.

Posted Image

• Click on Start, accept the disclaimers and wait for the program to finish.
Your bootable flash drive should now be ready!

Please check this to see if you can now boot with it to the reatogo desktop

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi will doing this effect my good laptop in anyway? when u say flash drive i assume u mean usb stick etc?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No at this stage all we are doing is trying to gather information about the cause. Yes a USB stick

Did you use any other programme to try and remove this initially ?

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
well the 1st problem was the met police virus which locks the pc down its ransom ware i think they call it,but malwarebytes got rid of it before but this time it didnt then i had to shut the ower off and the on off button and thats whn the bsod started

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hmm that may have corrupted some sysem files... But we will see what we can find out if you get to load the reatogo desktop

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
on a different pc with blue screen issue i managed to get the recovery console to load and run chkdsk but its stuck at 25% ive heard that it can take hours or........it just stays stuck now with my luck with pc itll stay stuck if it dos then what? this is a different pc not the same one with the issue you been helping with

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Chkdisc can take a while dependant on how big the drive is

But OTLPE does not use the DOS system as it is a self contained operating system

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
this is for another pc with similar issue though,well its finished checking the drive said theres one or more errors on it,do u know what i type next? to get it to repair?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
If you used chkdsk /r then it fixed what errors it could

helpmequick

helpmequick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i got this pc to format itself and mostly reinstall windows however on the page where u click your username or guest etc where it says click your username to begin no username shows the screen resolution is bigger than normal but not so big you cant see everything if i cant click on a name ho do i start it??

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Go to safe mode an install Tweakui
Run the programme and select the logon tab
Tick Logon automatically at start up
[attachment=61048:Capture.JPG]