Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd player

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi peeps, it seems as though i only have one cd/dvd player/writer, its a dual layer ...im thinking i also need a player ( for on the fly copies)...any suggestions as to what i need, i have room for an internal one and dont really want to go the external route....my pc is a compaq vision if that helps

also would someone be willing to offer me step by step instructions on how to fit said item once purchased

many thanks for your assistance once again

regards...nige

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
There are various models of compaq vision (both desktop & notebook) is there possibly a series number included on the case somewhere (not the serial number BTW)

To help with fitting the drive http://www.dummies.c...n-your-com.html before purchasing the drive I suggest that you check the output of the PSU (power supply unit) that is fitted in case it is not powerful enough to support an additional drive, use the guide above to get the PSU details and post the details with your next reply.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi mate, sorry for the delay in replying, had some other issues to deal with...can we conclude this topic for now and concentrate on the hard drive....my brain hurts if i try to think about too many things at once :lol:

regards
nige

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:
We can pick the topic up again when you are ready.