Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC WHICH ONE

• Please log in to reply

jw010x8941

jw010x8941

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanx for the help guys,but your reply's still don't help me choose which pc i should get.Are you saying the best pc's i can choose from are HP or COMPAQ? And is Emachines crap is that why it runs so slow and crashes so much? please reply quick as i want to buy a new pc as soon as possible Thank You ps please dont tell me i should build my own as i am a pc novice

Advertisements

ControlSet00x

ControlSet00x

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
i've never even seen an Emachine but i guess the best way to check on their performance would be consumer reports. i'm sure they have a web site. or do a google news search for e-machines and you'll get every article ever written about them.
i'd go with a compaq...but i know that dell is offering a desktop at the moment for $299 + $150 shipping. it's a celeron (pentium 3 basically) processor so if you're a gamer i'd advise against it but if not then it should meet your needs just fine. of course it's going to come with all of those dell "support" programs on it but those are easy to remove...