Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changed PC case and now the system has no power?

• Please log in to reply

Northy

Northy

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Decided to upgrade from my basic plain case today to a new one I picked up, simple job, me and my flat mate carefully took apart my old rig then re-applied it to the new case.
Now the PC has NO power what soever, to my knowledge I thought we connected everything back to its original location but I'm presuming not because I just can't get it to turn on.

I've taken it apart and put it back together twice and still nothing, I did all of this in my kitchen which is like a laminate floor whilst the gear laid upon a table top and I had rubber sole shoes on and made sure to discharge any static from my body.

If anyone can help me out then please do.

Can provide pictures if needed.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Northy.

Please supply the specs for the build.

Did you check the number and pattern of the stand offs in the new case? They must match exactly the screw holes in the Mobo, No extra ones.

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Send pics of inside of motherboard

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
No.

Please send the hardware specs,
Mobo, brand, model.
PSU, brand, model,
etc.

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Pictures will show how you currently have it hooked up so that we can see where it may be hooked up wrong. Also include the specs of what's inside