There are some minor things in your online scan that should be removed.delete files
- Copy all text in the quote box (below)...to Notepad.
del /f /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Premium\WxDFast\runtime.dll"
del /f /s /q "C:\Program Files\BullDogFTP.com\DVD RIP N Burn\rkverify.exe"
- Save the Notepad file on your desktop...as delfile.bat... save type as "All Files"
It should look like this: <--XP<--vista
- Double click on delfile.bat to execute it.
A black CMD window will flash, then disappear...this is normal.
- The files and folders, if found...will have been deleted and the "delfile.bat" file will also be deleted.
The rest of the Online scan is only reporting backups created during the course of this fix C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\
, and/or items located in System Restore's cache C:\System Volume Information\
, Whatever is in these folders can't harm you unless you choose to perform a manual restore. the following steps will remove these backups.
Very well done!! This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware - Please let me know if you still are having problems with your computer and what these problems are.:Why we need to remove some of our tools:
Some of the tools we have used to clean your computer were made by fellow malware fighters and are very powerful and if used incorrectly or at the wronge time can make the computer an expensive paper weight.
They are updated all the time and some of them more than once a day so by the time you are ready to use them again they will already be outdated.
The following procedures will implement some cleanup procedures to remove these tools. It will also reset your System Restore by flushing out previous restore points and create a new restore point. It will also remove all the backups our tools may have made.:DeFogger:Note**
Defogger only needs to be run if it was run when we first started. If you have not already run it then skip this.
- To re-enable your Emulation drivers, double click DeFogger to run the tool.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK.
Your Emulation drivers are now re-enabled.:Uninstall ComboFix:
:Remove the rest of our tools:
- turn off all active protection software
- push the "windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
- please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
- Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.
Please download OTCleanIt
and save it to desktop. This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
- Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
- Click the CleanUp! button.
- Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
- If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
- The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
- If asked to restart the computer, please do so
If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTCleanIt
attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.:The programs you can keep:
Some of the programs that we have used would be a good idea to keep and used often in helping to keep the computer clean. I use these programs on my computer.Revo Uninstaller Free
- this is the uninstaller that I had you download and works allot better than add/remove in windows and has saved me more than once from corrupted installs and uninstallsCCleaner
- This is a good program to clean out temp files, I would use this once a week or before any malware scan to remove unwanted temp files - It has a built in registry cleaner but I would leave that alone and not use any registry cleanerMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware
The Gold standerd today in antimalware scanners:Security programs:
One of the questions I am asked all the time is "What programs do you use"
I have at this time 4 computers in my home and I have this setup on all 4 of them.
- Microsoft Security Essentials - provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- WinPatrol As a robust security monitor, WinPatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is
totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee. We used this to help clean your computer and recomend keeping it and using often. (I have upgraded to the paid version of MBAM and I am glad I did)
Note** If you decide to install MSE you will need to uninstall your present Antivirus
The other question I am asked all the time is "How can I prevent this from happening again."
and the short answer to that is to be aware of what is out there and how to start spotting dangers.
Here are some articles that are must reads and should be read by everybody in your household that uses the internetinternetsafetyInternet Safety for Kids
Here is some more reading for you from some of my collegesPC Safety and Security - What Do I Need?
from my friends at Tech Support ForumCOMPUTER SECURITY - a short guide to staying safer online
from my friends at Malware Removal
quoted from Tech Support Forum
I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can then be closed.
There is no such thing as ‘perfect security’. This applies to many things, not just computer systems. Using the above guide you should be able to take all the reasonable steps you can to prevent infection. However, the most important part of all this is you, the user. Surf sensibly and think before you download a file or click on a link. Take a few moments to assess the possible risks and you should be able to enjoy all the internet has to offer.
I Will Keep This Open For About Three Days, If Anything Comes Up - Just Come Back And Let Me Know, after that time you will have to send me a PM
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Gringo