Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

running multiple commands without annoying cmd boxes

• Please log in to reply

justsaying2008

justsaying2008

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a program that performs several commands on the end users computer. When each command runs, a seperate black box opens up then closes once procedure is complete. ( one for the mapping, one for the copy, one for the opening of word) Is there any way to hide these cmd boxes. Below is the command that I use to map a drive copy a file open in word save, print then close. This works very well for our program besides the annoying black boxes.I do not have this in a script because the ip addresses, drive letters and document names are different each time.

cmd /c net use b: \\192.168.60.138\images\data password /user:administrator /P:no & copy b:\col1.DOC c:\omnitmp && (start regedit /s b:\sqlsecuritycheck.reg & mkdir c:\omnitmp & erase c:\omnitmp\* /Q & copy b:\wmerg.csv c:\omnitmp & net use b: /delete & start winword.exe -q c:\omnitmp\col1.doc /mMailMergeToPrinter) ||net use b: \\192.168.60.138\images\data /P:no && (start regedit /s b:\sqlsecuritycheck.reg & mkdir c:\omnitmp & erase c:\omnitmp\* /Q & copy b:\col1.DOC c:\omnitmp & copy b:\wmerg.csv c:\omnitmp & net use b: /delete & start winword.exe -q c:\omnitmp\enc.doc /mMailMergeToPrinter /mFileSave /FileExit)

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

How did you run all that commands? Its a run command with all that commands as a command argument?

I would say to generate a batch file with every command line above and then execute the batch file hidden or minimized.