Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet connected, can't browse

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. A couple days ago I downloaded AVG free anti-virus on my laptop. After installed, my computer was said to have a virus and was going very slow. My browsers would crash and almost everything would freeze [(Not Responding)] between short intervals of slow activity. I shut my computer down for the night and logged on today. It said my anti-virus program was removing a virus and booted up. No virus, not as much crashing, but things still move somewhat slow. My network says I have internet access, but I can't use it. My "gadgets" such as the weather on my desktop work by internet and seem to stay updated, but internet explorer, Firefox(my primary) and Google chrome all can't connect to web pages. I removed AVG in safe-mode because it ran way too slow in normal. Also, I tried system restore and it ran slow and took ten minutes to tell me it wouldn't load. I already had winsock and tried that but it said "Registry Import Information not Found" and then "Run-time error 53, File not Found".

I use windows 7.