Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rescue files? [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

malice1

malice1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, first, I apologize if I ask too many questions, but anyone that could help me would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed a few days ago my computer started showing signs that lead me to believe I have a virus, trojan or worm, etc etc.. i dont know which. I suddenly began being redirected to ads about virus/spyware removal, example, id hit to go to google then suddenly get redirected.

I restarted and then the bottom browser thing became classic grey version and will not let me get on the internet, sometimes i get lucky and i can get to google but it takes many restarts, sometimes it just locks up.

i was trying to download spyware doc to see what it found but it would not let me download anything at all. Also another weird thing is, my sound will not play at all.

Now im panicing that all my files are going to be corrupted or deleted. Years worth of music projects and recordings. I instantly turned it off and got on this backup computer. How am I going to save all of my files? they take up roughly 40GB. Could it become worse even without internet connection?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there can you get to safe mode with networking

Reboot the computer and immediately press and release (repeatedly) F8

• Download RogueKiller and save it on your desktop.

NOTE: If using IE8 or better Smartscreen Filter will need to be disabled
  • Quit all programs
  • Start RogueKiller.exe.
  • Wait until Prescan has finished ...
  • Click on Scan
Posted Image

• Wait for the end of the scan.
  • The report has been created on the desktop.
  • Click on the Delete button.
Posted Image

• Next click on the ShortcutsFix
    Posted Image

Please post: All RKreport.txt text files located on your desktop.

THEN

Download OTL to your Desktop
Secondary link
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

Posted Image
  • Select All Users
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    BASESERVICES
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    services.*
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    winsock.*
    /md5stop
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Post both logs

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.