Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burn Processed failed with multiple programs!

• Please log in to reply

symigem

symigem

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello. I have Windows Vista. I would describe myself as an intermediate computer user as in I know my way around the internet and computers and most functions but I still have to visit forums every once and a while for help! So for over a week I have been trying to burn some cartoon compilation DVDs for my girls. I ripped some DVDs that I own so I could compile a mash up because they get bored of say watching just Tom and Jerry all the time etc. Anyway last winter when I did it with Nero 7 I had no problems at all. This year....OMG. I tired with Nero 7 multiple times with different speeds...different media...different settings....all failed. After searching forums I heard people complain about Nero 7....so I tried DVD Flick and IMG BURN....all with ISO errors. I tried believe it or not with Windows DVD maker....no...and then with my own Divx player....no. I gave Nero 8 a go...because I saw some people saying on forums that it was the best version of Nero for Vista.....but so far only coasters. I have some log files with the last burns from Nero 8....so I will post those here. (and I have tried all speeds...2x 2.4x 4x 8x and even 16x and simply max speed). I have tried automatic settings and then putting in specific settings from youtube help videos. Could it be my firmware for my burner? This will sound horribly stupid of me....but I can't seem to figure out its make or model. The markings on it seems to be just for the entire computer and going into Programs and Settings seems to just say 'generic'it is the one that came with my laptop which is a 5 odd year old Acer Aspire. Thankyou for any help you can give me.Attached File  log4.txt   37.17KB   134 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  log3.txt   74.53KB   126 downloads
  • Attached File  log2.txt   54.49KB   125 downloads
  • Attached File  log.txt   55.65KB   122 downloads

Advertisements