Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Controller (MIA)

• Please log in to reply

gho

gho

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I need to figure out how to get my video controller/vga back. I was having some video problems so I checked my device manager to find out I had the yellow exclamation marks for some reason. I tried to update them but somehow managed to make it vanish from my device manage completely. Maybe it's still on my computer maybe it's totally gone not really sure. When I try to go to dell.com to download the driver it won't get out of the collapse to show all the options so i'm stuck looking at 2 drive download options and not the 63 available. I have a Dimension 4700C service tag 954T171. I reloaded my chipset, network driver inetl, desktop system software disks hoping the video controller would pop back up but nothing. Any pointers on finding it on my computer or a workable download would be great.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Try this page

http://www.dell.com/...dimension-4700c

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Seems to be giving me the same problem. All the little tabs on the left won't open to show the download options for some reason.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
For me on that page I can download any of the many drivers (63 files) offered

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes it seems to be a issue browsing the dell website driver downloads on this computer. Any alternative options for downloads that might work?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See your BSOD thread as I just posted a link to Windows Defender Offline that you should run to see if this is malware related.

Might be a good idea to go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.