Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NumLock won't work in form fields

• Please log in to reply

barbiegal7

barbiegal7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I have a very weird issue going on that popped up suddenly three or four weeks ago.

I have a desktop computer, an ASUS, running Windows 7. I'm using the ASUS USB keyboard that came with the computer.

I use the NUMLOCK a LOT, so this has become very annoying. The NUMLOCK light is on, indicating the pad it is ON. It works fine, filling in numbers in the URL field of the browser, within Excel spreadsheets, etc. Where it STOPS working is in form fields. If I have to fill in a telephone number on an order form, say, it begins working like the NUMLOCK is off, so if I hit the 8, 4, 6 or 2 it tries to work like arrow buttons. The - and + and . keys work normally, but no numbers. I have Googled and Googled, and I can't find anyone who has posted a problem like this. Either the NUMLOCK works or doesn't, not intermittently like this and only in form fields.

I have tried turning it off so that the light is off to see if that effects anything, but the only thing that changes is the numerals don't work anywhere if it's off.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Advertisements