Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphones not working!

• Please log in to reply

rei158

rei158

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey, recently my headset's microphone isn't working anymore. When it's just connected, it produces a quiet buzz all the times and suddenly when I talk on skype it records my voice badly, like robot-talking and my friends say they hear me for a moment and then it goes very low.. I thought it was an old microphone or sth and bought a new one..The problem still persists...Hmm and I've noticed the buzz comes only when my microphone boost is on +30db, when it's on +20db. I've researched for this and it seems to be in some grounding or sth like that?? Or may it be some drivers?? Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I tried them on my sister'slaptop and they both worked fine.. so i,m back to the grounding issue.. How can i remove it? It's just weird that this hasn't occured to me at all and now it's constant...

EDIT 2: Fixed it, seems there was a problem in microphone boost. The +30db boost was the problem... it needs to be lower, like 20+

Edited by rei158, 19 October 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the feedback rei158 :thumbsup: