Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard problem please help!

• Please log in to reply

samallen

samallen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
I have xp home edition sp3, when I turned my computer on the other morning I got this error message and it fails to boot.

'following file missing or corrupt /windows/system/vgaom.fon '

So I tried to repair the computer with the windows xp disc, so I changed the boot order in bios and my keyboard works, but then when the computer tries to boot from cd and it says "press any key to boot from cd" my keyboard does not work. Also I have booted up from hirens boot cd and my keyboard does not work in this either, so I don't know how to repair the problem If I can't boot up from the windows disc.
Please help
Best regards

Edited by samallen, 21 October 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi,

Is the keyboard USB or PS2?

samallen

samallen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
It is usb.
Many thanks for the reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts

Hi
It is usb.
Many thanks for the reply

Hi,

Two suggestions:
- try connecting the keyboard to a different USB port
- if possible replace the keyboard with a PS2 one to test, during the boot a USB keyboard can fail to work at some stages