Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP updating

• Please log in to reply

Splatz

Splatz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have a laptop (about 6 years old, 40Gb hard drive, 384Mb RAM), which has become slow. I decided to use the Restore disc to format the drive and reinstal WinXP Service Pack 2. Windows Update wouldn't work until I'd installed SP3. I now find that I have a list of 117 high priory Windows updates (124Mb) waiting to be installed.

I'm a bit nervous about installing them. Should I do them all in one go or not? If not, how do I decide the order?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

I'm a bit nervous about installing them. Should I do them all in one go or not? If not, how do I decide the order?

Hi,

Yes let the Windows Update deal with that and install all of them.
Don't worry if some fail sometimes some updates will fail on the first try but will install next time, make sure you go to the Windows Update site over and over until it says no more updates available.

Splatz

Splatz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thankyou.