Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blocking DoubleClick, Facebook ads

• Please log in to reply

Jhazon

Jhazon

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Going to websites and being bombarded with loading of "DoubleClick" and "Facebook" plug-in is a pain. I find now that any site that has a Facebook plugin only gives me a headache for the page's load time... is there anyway to disable/block these cursed ads?

Advertisements

SongCloud

SongCloud

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Try using Firefox or Chrome with the AdBlock Plus extension as this may work to block these annoying ads.

If that still does not solve the issue, try adding in the NoScript extension for Firefox as well so that you can control what scripts run.

Some sites FORCE the Facebook page add-on script to run in order to display the site login, so you may have to do some tweaking, but those 2 should help.

Let me know if you still are having problems. :)