Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drives

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
okee dokee...i'll wait till the new card reader comes and try it then, it should be here by wednesday..
thanks again for your time

regards
nige

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
:thumbsup:

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi mate, the card reader has arrived :thumbsup: ......and it wont fit :angry: so i gave up on the idea and re-formatted the drive anyway.. :whistling:
many thanks for your time and effort, it is much appreciated :thumbsup: i think we can close this one now..

regards
nige

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Thanks for the update, sorry it didn`t work out for you though.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
such is my dealings with computers, they all conspire against me :lol: thats why i'm grateful that there are kind souls such as yourself willing to help technophobes like me.
i wouldnt say it didnt work as i dont think i lost too much of importance ( if anything) and now have 111 Gb of extra storage..ive gained 17 GB on my lappy by moving stuff to the new drive and the wife is happy that her pics have all been backed up, and the card reader only cost 4 quid...all in all i think we can call this one a success :thumbsup:

huge thanks again

regards
nige

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
You are welcome - it is nice to see such a positive attitude :thumbsup: