Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp service pack 2

• Please log in to reply

intakekim

intakekim

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello my computer is so jacked up i thought i was a computer doctor sometime ago and must of did something to this computer i can not put nothing on my computer do to it keeps telling me my windows installer is not installed right and i need updated xp service pack but windows installer will not let me do it how can i fix this problem i am going to class online and this is giving me a bad problem with my classes i also do not have a back up cd i have this dell computer for a very long time

Edited by intakekim, 22 October 2012 - 06:42 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Try installing the latest Windows Installer (if it will let you): Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

intakekim

intakekim

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks that wont work the computer says i need xp service pack 2 and i can not put that on because of windows installer i just need another computer thanks so much

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Try Windows Installer version 3.1

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=25

If it works install Service Pack 2 and then you can install Windows Installer 4.5