Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

java update virus

• Please log in to reply

BarkingDog

BarkingDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a computer running Windows 7. Couple days ago the Java update balloon popped up and I let it update. When I was in my email AVG found several threats, most were tracking cookies but I did notice 2 threats had the word Java in them. I got rid of the threats. I then ran an AVG scan on the computer and got rid of any threats at that time. I went into control panel and looked at Java and saw that there were 2 Java icons listed. I ended up shutting the computer off and didn't think anymore about it. Today I booted up my computer and it went to a black screen with a blinking cursor, sat there until a screen came up with a windows fix option which I did. It looked like windows was going to load but it went to a blue screen to what I think was a DOS box with the following command...X:\window|System 32>netcfg -e -c p -i MS_NDISUIO, Trying to install MS_NDISUIO... I can't use my keyboard or mouse at this time. I can only shut the computer off at this time.

Any and all help will be appreciated. I'm lost. Thank you.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Hello BarkingDog,

You would not be aware, but there are many java scripts downloaded into your Internet temp files from webpages that are often mistakenly picked up by security software. From what I read so far, my best guess is there was an maybe incorrect shutdown in the middle of a legit Windows update. But only a guess. And yes, a chance something malicious perhaps acted, and in doing so took out your mouse/keyboard. Are you logging in here from a different computer? Let's take a look at the problem one.

Right off see if you can access Safe Mode, where the malware is less active. At startup tap the F8 key about once per half-second, then select Safe Mode with Networking from the menu that will appear. Let me know if that gains you keyboard etc. access, before we continue here please.