Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

office 2003 updates not needed keep coming back

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I have windows XP pro SP3 and Office 2003.

I installed only WORD, EXCELL and POWER POINT and since then I keep receiving updates for all the other office program I did not install (Outlook, Publisher Access ect). If I say to not download them and to never ask me again about these updates they just keep coming back every 5 minutes telling me I have new updates.

Why would I need updates for programs I did not install, does Windows Update do not care and only looks if I have an Office 2003 program install and automatically sends all the updates for all the programs or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

Good question i have also seen the same behavior. Did a search and found this:

Microsoft Update and Windows Update offer updates for Office programs that you do not have installed

I would say that Windows Update doesn't seems to do a good job on this situation...

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Thanks for the reply,

Since i tried saying no and do not ask me again for those updates but they come back I will install them and see what happens hopefully they will not come back.

Thanks again

michal106

michal106

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have windows XP pro SP3 and Office 2003.

I installed only WORD, EXCELL and POWER POINT and since then I keep receiving updates for all the other office program I did not install (Outlook, Publisher Access ect). If I say to not download them and to never ask me again about these updates they just keep coming back every 5 minutes telling me I have new updates.

Why would I need updates for programs I did not install, does Windows Update do not care and only looks if I have an Office 2003 program install and automatically sends all the updates for all the programs or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

To repair damage PST file, pst repair software proved very effective. in any situation, when you cannot able to access your important PST files then it will proved very helpful and effective to access them. It is well designed and with special features to repair inaccessible files.

for more information - http://repair2007outlook.weebly.com